Switching to CloudBox 99 from Other Hosting Providers is very easy. All you need to do is remember a few basic steps.
Things to do:
1. Most important step – Do not cancel your existing cloud subscription immediately. Ensure that your current cloud server stays alive for atleast a week along with your new CloudBox 99 virtual server. This is to ensure that you can migrate your data seamlessly and also ensure that you don’t lose even a single file while doing so. If you cancel your old cloud before migrating all your data, you may have to put up with downtime and data loss too as your old server would no longer be online! So it is always advisable to first finish the migration and then cancel the old service.
2. Data Backup – Take a backup of your files hosted on your existing server. CloudBox 99 always encourages customers to take multiple copies and store it in different locations as a safety and fail back measure.
3. Actual Migration – Once you have the compressed back up file with you, upload it to the CloudBox 99 server and then unzip it. Ensure that you have uploaded the entire backup file. Once you have unzipped the backup file, compare the actual data size on your old server and the restored data on CloudBox 99. There should not be any difference.
You may want to keep a copy of your zipped backup file on the CloudBox 99 server too as an emergency measure.
4. DNS Change – It’s now time to change your name servers. After completion of data migration, you may login to your domain registrar account and update the nameserver IP’s and point them to your CloudBox 99 server. Please remember that it takes between 6 to 96 hours for the new nameservers to propagate globally. This process cannot be influenced or expedited by us. It completely depends on the refresh cycle of individual ISP’s.
5. Data Sanity Check – Once the name servers have been updated, please see if the domain and other applications point to the CloudBox 99 server IP. To test this, all you need to do is open a command prompt and then type in ping <yourdomainname>. It should throw back the CloudBox 99 server IP. Please also go through each and every web page you may have to ensure there is no data loss.
6. Cancelling Old Host – Once the above steps have been performed, you may cancel your old hosting account.
Following the above steps would ensure a hassle free, seamless hosting migration for you.
CloudBox 99 offers very attractive Cloud Services. Our pedigree and stability makes us an apt service provider for you. Please get in touch with us today!
Tags: cloud hosting india
, cloud server
, cloud server hosting
, cloud service providers
, vps cloud server
, vps hosting